Thursday, June 7, 2012

Life is great!

I haven't made something worth blogging about in a while.(But I just did and will be blogging about it shortly) Don't worry, that doesn't mean that me and Evan have stopped eating.  Evan is quite the champion at feeding himself. :)  Also, i've discovered these amazing things at the grocery store - 10 minute meals.  They seem really healthy, but we've decided based on how quickly they can be made that they must not be that healthy.  They are in the freezer section and the ones we have tried are a variety of pasta's.  You just put them in the saucepan, cover it up, and ten minutes later you have the equivalent of a restaurant meal. For realz!! These have been a life saver for me because I have had a crazy month and a half. 
For my first time ever I decided to do spring term!  And I decided to take 9 credits because I figured I should get my money's worth.  It has been soo incredibly stressful and crazy, but I have loved every second of it.  I have officially decided spring is my favorite time to take classes.  Because everything is smushed together, there is no room for procrastination (which is a huge weakness for me).  I feel really on top of it because, well, i've had to be!  Also, a lot of my teachers actually cut out material so i feel really happy that I have less work to do than I would if I took it any other time :).  And the last thing i love is that i'm getting 9 whole credits done in approximately a month in a half.  It feels great!

Other fun things:
-Me and Evan have been playing Tennis like champs.  It is great because we have access to courts that are within 5 minutes of our house.  Evan beats me every time, but I think I am getting better.  It feels so great to be active and to be doing something fun with the guy I love.  I prefer doubles, so let me know if you are game!
-We went to the Zoo with the Driggs and so of course Ella Bella.  I go to the zoo approximately once or less every year.  But that doesn't mean i don't love it!!  I feel like I could sit and watch the monkeys all day long.  I love animals!  It makes me sad to think that they have to sit in a boring cage all day, but then a zoo lady told me a lot of them are born in the zoo so thats the only life they know.  Ella really loved the zoo experience. She is at such a fun age! The new exhibit wasn't up and running yet so i guess we'll have to make another trip ;) 
Here are some pics:






-Last week I went to Seven Peaks TWICE! And guess what? I'm counting on going at least 60 more times this summer. Not joking. I love it there! Lazy river, slides, wave pool, or just laying on my towel.  It is wonderful!
-I am absolutely confident in my decision to become an elementary school teacher. I've had my doubts and i've had my hesitations, but now i am more than sure!  Now that i'm in the major, i've already had experience being out in the schools.  I. love. it.  I can not wait to have my own class! I want to get out there and do my thing! But then i remember, there is so much i don't know, so i will try to be patient. But i still can't wait!
-We went bowling! (and we don't need to talk about who won.)
- I saw the family i used to nanny for - the Katy and David Roth family.  I love them! And i was so excited that they came to BYU so that i could see them. 
-I made my first pasta salad ever! In fact, i think i will blog about it even though it is probably something a first grader could do. But i feel so accomplished!
-Evan got a haircut...and this is exciting why? because it was a BUZZ HAIRCUT! And he looks so fine! I love it. And i'm so proud of him for being daring :)
-Me and Evan have a favorite restaurant - LAS GLORIAS. Its mexican food and lets just say its AmAzInG!  Every month we get a buy one get one free coupon in the mail so we can eat there for practically nothing. 
And i still have the best little family with my cute Charly and my cute Evan !!!


And I can't think of anything else right now, but life is great!

1 comment:

  1. Emily! Sounds like a great mini-semester! We really neeed to do something fun together. The first thing is that we are having a gender reveal party (and an excuse to get together with family and friends) on Friday June 23rd at 6:00/6:30 ish. If you guys want to come up, just bring something to throw on the grill, and a side-dish to share if you want, and come share it with us! I will have buns/condiments/paper ware/drinks and treats! We would love to see you and have you there for the big moment! Let us know if you can make it!

    ReplyDelete