Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love Day


I know it's what every girl does on this special day but I have had such a perfect day that I just have to fit the mold!!!
Valentines Day. Love Day. E + E day. It has been great.  This year me and Evan didn't really talk about Valentines. We made no plans, had no talk of getting each other something, nothing. 
As I woke up early to drop off a valentine at Evan's work, I decided that even if Evan didn't do anything, I would be a happy camper.  As I walked into the family room to pack up my back pack a huge grin couldn't be stopped from coming to my face.  This is why:
Yep. Jimmer Valentines! They were put there the night before, and they are printed in color! So this was planned! My day was complete. Evan got me valentines. What a cutey pie. But it wasn't over yet...
I rode my bike to the ASB where Evan works and decided that since I was just quickly dropping off a valentine, I could just park my bike out front. Especially since it was 8:30 in the morning and not a lot of people were out and about. 
As I walked down the hall to where Evan worked, everybody made comments about some lucky person getting my delivery.  One guy even proceeded to follow me where I was going.  I dropped off my delivery (a love balloon, twix, chapstick and a heartfelt card) when the guy that was following me said that Evan wouldn't be in til 3! Luckily, his boss Meldon offered to send him an "trick" email asking him to come in around 11.  I was in luck!
As I was walking out of the office, the guy that was following me introduced himself to me. It turns out his name was Mark, the big boss!  He turned out to be a super friendly guy and led me into his office where we talked for at least 15 minutes.  Unfortanately, I had class at 9 so as soon as I could, I booked it.  When i got outside, my bike was no where to be found.  My heart dropped to me stomach.  My bike had been stolen!!! I was such an idiot! I thought that I would be out in 5 seconds but it turned into at least 20 minutes.  I ran to two bike racks aimlessly hoping that someone had just put my bike away.  Then I called Evan, hoping that he had pulled a prank on me and was hiding it.  To my dismay, this didn't turn out to be the case.   I felt like this:
I ran straight into the campus police department and told them my bike had been stolen.  The girl said that they actually had impounded it! I was SOOO relieved.  I don't think they had ever had someone so excited to find out their bike was impounded.  When they went to get it, they told me it would be 15 bucks.  I was like, whhhaaat? I was just dropping off a Valentine!  Then they told me that the chief was the one who found it and actually wanted to talk to me. Scary! When he came over to talk to me, i explained what had happened. After chatting a bit we found out that he was from the same home stake as me in South Jordan. He let me go with no fee! Boom Bam Baby.  I was so happy with getting my bike back that I hardly cared that I was 45 minutes late to my 9:00 class.  This was a Valentines day that I could not forget. :) This is proof of it all happening! :
 
 Anyway...As I was sitting in class, i had an epiphany that Evan's boss probably would be emailing him at his work email. There is no way that Evan would check his work email outside of work.  After class, I looked at Evan's personal email to be sure and sure enough, no email from work. So I emailed Evan that he should probably check his work email...luckily he pretty much did it with no extra questions.  After he got my surprise, he texted me thank you and I was pretty pumped because now i could tell him my strange bike story.  I asked him if he'd meet me so I could tell him about it. 
When we met up I started rambling about what had happened. I noticed Evan seemed slightly distracted. I asked him if he had enough time to hear the story or if he needed to go to class.  He said "no, we are going to lunch." Matter of factly. As if I knew! I said, "We are?" He said, "Yeah didn't you see the Valentines?" This is what I had missed....
Ha Ha ha . I'm still laughing about it! He had written that note on the back of the Jimmer Valentine. I didn't even think to check the back of it!  We got a pretty good kick out of it because both of our surprise plans got somewhat foiled. I think it made it even cuter :).  So as we walked toward the Wilk, I carried on with my morning events. I was so engrossed in my story, I didn't pay much attention to where we were going. Soon enough we were on an elevator in the Wilk going somewhere. The door opened and we were at... 

The Skyroom! It's basically BYU's version of "The Roof" at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It's a really fancy buffet.  I was shocked out of my mind! I had always wanted to go there. AAAAND he had a reservation. He had thought this all out. I was more than impressed, and words can't describe how happy i felt. A huge grin couldn't leave my face. I didn't have my camera with me so I didn't get to take a picture of that huge grin, but i'm sure you can imagine it.  It was delicious. Spinach salads, wedge salads, tender beef, mushroom rice, cooked tomatoes with cheese and red velvet cake.  I would definitely recommend it.  The reservation also included a pretty pink and white carnation.  I got to carry that around with me the rest the day remembering my adorable husband.  And by the way, after that I had no desire to go to the rest of my classes. But I was a good girl and went!
I figured that was the end of our Valentine festivities since I had class until 8.  I guess I was just having a day full of being wrong.  I got home and Evan wasn't there quite yet so I changed and cleaned up a bit. The door opened and my man walked in with these:
They are absolutely gorgeous. And I don't know why this is, but i LOVE getting flowers. I know they are expensive. And they die. And everyone seems to get them on V day. But I love them! They make me happy and excited and they are so pretty.  I thought that Evan had the flower thing covered with the carnation from the Sky Room but with these, he exceeded my expectations 100%.  Oh and he also brought home pasta and breadsticks from Pizza Hut and we made it into a candlelite dinner. It was pretty romantic.
After this, Evan had some homework to do so I took a shower. I was just smiling the whole time because I'm a holiday type of gal. I love holidays and I love to celebrate them. Evan isn't into them as much as me, and quite frankly I don't think anybody could be.  But it just makes me so happy that Evan knows me so well and how much I love them.  I didn't have to tell him or hint at him once and he made the day perfect. 
When I went out to sit next to him I had one more surprise waiting for me:
A white chocolate cinammmon covered caramel apple. Seriously can't describe how well Evan knows me. I love caramel apples more than most things. In fact, they are on my top 5 favorite treats.  I jumped for joy and was as happy a girl as I could ever be.
It's true, Valentines day is somewhat of a ridiculous holiday. It may be true that it was made up just for hallmark.  But I don't have any problem with spending a whole day expressing my love to the person I love the most, and getting the same(oh and spoiled) in return. I definitely know Evan loves me. He put so much thought into the whole day and I love him even more for it. And I love him too!
Evan certainly is my night in shining armor.

P.s. It wasn't all about me... Besides the work surprise, I got Evan a custom mouse pad and a ton of love too :) Oh and I made him this:

1 comment:

  1. haha, you lucky duck. Evan and Garrett need to hang out more. Maybe the "I celebrate holidays simply because my wife LOVES it" mentality will rub off on him?

    ReplyDelete